Tuesday, July 24, 2007

She got engaged this Saturday. No, not my girlfriend or someone i was seeing. Its the girl i used to see everyday in cafeteria. At breakfast time. Remember i had mentioned about her. Yay that girl. She was sweet. We used to exchange smiles each single day. Not Hi's, Hello's or Howudoing's, just smiles. Did that for one full year.

I was talking to a friend about how i felt after hearing about her engagement, she said i should have atleast let the girl know that i liked her. I wonder why i never did that. May be I was too afraid of losing what i had. The smiles. And I did not want to drive her away with my confessions.

What my friend said does makes sense though. At least that way i would have had one less regret to live with. Her rejection would have been any day better than this wretched loser like feeling i am getting right now.

But its easier to sound intelligent in retrospect. Like i do now. What stopped me from doing it then was the fear of being labeled an office Romeo who fell for an office colleague whose only fault was that she was courteous and smiled quite often.

And think of it. What would have she thought when a near stranger, to whom she just smiled everyday, suddenly one day stopped her and confessed his liking for her?

4 comments:

Deez said...

dont blame u, indeed a tricky situation there ...
:)

Anonymous said...

......I wud say Fuck the world and go ahead and do exactly what you want because its not them who have to live with the burden of regrets of things that you didnt do....

...personal opinion strictly

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Tiger :D

Reticent said...

@ Deez - Yes Indeed!

@ Ginger Girl - I look forward to continue the morning conversation u left midway.