Thursday, June 7, 2007

Life's Purpose

“The purpose of our life is to move towards the universal complexity. The existence of life started as a simple microbe, a single cell. And since thereon we have been evolving into a set of complexities and will continue to do so, or rather, should continue to do so. That’s the single most significant pursuit of one’s life”

I am a big fan of Shantaram. Infact i am a big fan of any story and storyteller who can answer the eternal question of what is the purpose of life. However, I tend to disagree with the theory that the purpose of our life is to move towards the universal complexity, which few name “God”.

Moving towards complexity is a given phenomena for me. Adding complexity in my life comes naturally to me and I love everything that is complicated. and this applies to many around me. A moment's thought would be sufficient to realize the fact that we lived simpler lives in past than now. And believe me this unnecessary complications that we add in our lives is daunting and perplexing.

To me life's pursuit cannot be something who’s end result can be such harshness. Any pursuit is worthwhile only if its outcome is something desirable.

Life's purpose thus should be exactly opposite of this. Its should be to move towards simplicity rather.

No comments: